Friday, September 21, 2007

Feelin' Groovy!

Yesterday I was waiting in line at a pharmacy with my dad. There was a woman at the register apologizing for taking so long because she was paying with cash. She reminded me of a commercial on television that I do not like. It is the exact same situation. Everyone is moving like robots quickly and efficiently in a line to pay for... whatever. Suddenly one person dares to search in their wallet for some cash and everyone stops and glares at them as though the inconvenience of waiting twenty extra seconds was just unbearable! Someone please tell me that I am not the only person to find this ad disturbing. So yesterday, as on many occasions, when the woman apologized for holding all of us up I told her that it was okay, that we were not in a hurry and to please take her time. Every time I remember this and tell people this I feel so good. As my dad and I left the pharmacy I sang out loud some of the words to 'Feelin' Groovy'.
"Slow down, your movin' too fast. You gotta make the morning last now! Kickin' down the cobble stones.Dah dah dah, daah dah dah daah, feelin' groovy!"

No comments: