Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Lil' Morning Oxygen Please

"It ain't happenin'!" was my response to my cousin, Kanti, when she suggested that I try her new morning shake. Spinach and banana? Blechghgh! No way! Then I realized what I had said, my inner adult took the reigns and I told her I would try it. She was right, it tastes great! I called her right away and told her that she was right. Now, a couple of months later, I drink them almost every morning. I have my own variation, I like making things my own. Here's a fun fact, our bodies get oxygen from three sources; the air we breathe, H2O (water) and fresh raw fruits and vegetables. So if you want to oxygenate... go raw! Now here's what all the fuss was about, and it really is yummy.

Jen's Banana Spinach Shake

2-3 bananas ~ peeled, sliced and frozen overnight
two to three handfuls of organic baby spinach (rinsed)
water(start with 1/2 cup and add as needed to desired consistency)
1 tablespoon flax feed oil (Udo's Oil is great too)
1 scoop Green Vibrance Super Food , spirulina or whatever spirulina based powder suits you
1 tablespoon agave syrup
1/8 teaspoon vanilla


Blend the bananas and water until smooth (I break up my frozen bananas a little with a knife first) and then start putting in the spinach, adding water as needed. I don't like my shake to be too thick but to each your own. Once the spinach is fully blended the shake will just look like a St. Patrick's Day Delight and then you add the Green Vibrance, oil, agave and vanilla. Then in the immortal words of Devo "Whip it good!"

The base of this shake is the bananas and spinach so have fun, if you like, with the rest!

It sounds very strange but it tastes very yummy and it's soooooooo good for you!

No comments: